Healthy Living RecipeFrozen Banana Pops
1 serving = 1 frozen pop
1 medium ripe banana, peeled and halved horizontally
2 popsicle sticks
¼ cup fat free, plain Greek yogurt
½ TBSP ground flax seed
Plate/small baking sheet
1 TBSP preferred nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter, etc)
3 pieces 85% Green & Black’s Organic dark chocolate, crushed
½ tsp ground cinnamon, to taste (optional)
1 tsp ground coffee (optional)
- Allow banana to ripen until there are brown speckles on the peel. Peel the banana. Remove strings. Cut the banana in half horizontally.
- Skewer the banana gently with the wooden stick. Make sure the stick goes through the center of the banana, being careful to not put the stick all the way through it.
- Spread yogurt on each half of banana. Roll bananas in ground flax seed.
- Line plate/small baking sheet with wax paper. Place coated bananas on baking sheet and set in freezer. Freeze for about 1 to 1.5 hours, until firm.
- Stir in ground chocolate into chosen nut butter until evenly mixed (add in cinnamon and/or coffee at this time, if desired). Spread mixture on each banana.
- Return banana halves back to wax paper covered plate/small baking sheet and to freezer for 30 – 45 minutes, until firm. ENJOY!
1 serving = 1 frozen pop = 6 points
¼ serving fruit, 1/8 serving dairy, ¾ serving nuts, 0.15 oz dark chocolate