ManorCare Health Services-West Deptford
550 Jessup Rd
Paulsboro, NJ 08066
ManorCare Health Services-West Deptford
Located on Jessup Road in Paulsboro, NJ, ManorCare provides individualized post-hospital skilled nursing care in a comfortable environment. Our clinical and therapy teams are experienced in providing specialized care focused on your needs, interests and ability. This commitment results in a smoother and safer transition throughout your recuperation.
You should look for a setting that specializes in providing vital medical care and rehabilitation in a warm and caring environment. We offer a range of services to meet your health care needs.
Email or call us for more information or to schedule a tour.
Short-term Rehab Services
We offer comprehensive care designed to shorten your post hospital recovery and improve your ability to get back home safely and quickly. From the moment of admission, an individualized plan will be created expressly for you. Your plan that incorporates your treatment regimen, medication, nutrition, activities of daily living, priorities, scheduling preferences and circumstances. You may benefit from our post-hospital care if you are recovering from:
- Orthopedic injuries and total joint replacement
- Cardiac recovery
- Stroke and neurological recovery
- Chronic disease management
- Wound care
- Pulmonary issues
- Oncology care
Long-term Residential Care
At ManorCare we also offer long-term nursing home care combined with quality caregiving. A customized & individualized service plan is developed with the involvement of your physician, the care team, you and your family and adjusted as necessary. This comprehensive approach is designed to address not only your health needs, but functional capabilities, chronic illness and desired outcomes in a warm environment with amenities and activities to meet your needs such as:
- Attractive and comfortable rooms
- Homemade meals and snacks supervised by a registered dietitian
- Elegantly appointed dining room
- Special arrangements for private functions
- Inviting lounges and activity areas
- Planned activities, entertainment and excursions
- Personal laundry and linen service
Skilled Nursing Center Care
ManorCare offers tailored treatment plans so you receive the care and rehabilitation you need. In-house hospital-level therapy gyms mean your care takes place under one roof by experts in post-hospital care. Our specialized team members provide:
- Skilled nursing and medical care
- Individual goal setting, case management and discharge planning when appropriate
- Hospital-level rehabilitation therapies
- Recreational activities geared to each resident’s and patient’s needs
- Resident and family education for lifestyle, nutrition and disease management
Expertise You Want
ManorCare's patient and resident care team is experienced in providing a breadth and depth of services for medically complex, functionally limited and/or cognitively impaired patients. We offer a proactive approach in:
- Mental wellness: helping boost patients’ and residents’ sense of well-being by assisting those who may have issues that arise when dealing with age, chronic illness, impairment or disability which may cause problematic depression or sadness.
- Pain management intervention: offering pain and symptom management and interventions for many older adults dealing with the daily occurrence of uncontrolled pain to promote comfort and enhance residents’ ability to perform their daily activities.
- Wound management: providing the special care our our diabetic patients or those with thinner and frailer skin may require as we age while focusing on the entire patient including nutrition, hydration and mobility.
At ManorCare, our primary focus is caring for patients with complex recovery and rehabilitation needs in a homelike setting. Our specialized therapy team has years of combined experience with some very impressive results *
*Statistics represent patients admitted for post-acute care for 2015 for centers nationwide
Making the Skilled Nursing Center Decision
Whether you are looking for short-term rehabilitation stay before returning home or for a residential setting for a longer stay, we understand the challenges faced in making this decision. When possible, don’t wait for a crisis to force your hand because it is better to make that choice when not under the added stress and strain during an emergency. When evaluating communities, it is reassuring to know you have our expansive services across the continuum for support.
We understand the physical and emotional challenges of recovery, and how important it is to select the right provider with the experience to meet your needs safely and confidently. Key indicators to review when choosing where to recover includes:
- Does the facility have experience treating your specific condition?
- How successfully have their previous patients with your condition recovered?
- Are the nurses knowledgeable and experienced in caring for patients similar to you?
- Does the facility have hospital-level therapists and equipment?
- Are there any systems in place to reduce unnecessary readmissions to the hospital?
- What activities and events are available to keep you engaged or help you transition back to the community?
How to Choose a Skilled Nursing Center - A printable chart with factors that you may want to consider when choosing a center.
Join Our Team
Become a part of our team and join us on our mission to provide patient-centered care. Click on the link below for a list of current openings at this location. You can also register for our job alerts and get up-to-the minute notifications of positions as they become available.Join Our Team