ManorCare Health Services-Akron
MedBridge Certified Rehab Center
1211 W Market St
Akron, OH 44313
ManorCare Health Services-Akron
Located less than 5 minutes from Akron General Medical Center and Summa-Akron City Hospital on West Market Street in Akron, OH, ManorCare provides individualized post-hospital skilled nursing care in a comfortable environment. Our clinical and therapy teams are experienced in providing specialized care focused on your needs, interests and ability. This commitment results in a smoother and safer transition throughout your recuperation.
You should look for a setting that specializes in providing vital medical care and rehabilitation in a warm and caring environment. We offer a range of services to meet your health care needs.
Email or call us for more information or to schedule a tour.
A distinct, post-hospital unit within our center was specially designed for your short stay which requires more intense medical and rehabilitation care. Before being recognized with the MedBridge certification, we had to meet stringent clinical, rehabilitative and outcomes criteria. Our multidisciplinary approach to recovery may benefit you as you recover from:
- Orthopedic injuries
- Total joint replacements
- Cardiac recovery and complications
- Stroke and neurological recovery
- Oncology care
- Wound care
- Pulmonary care
- Complex medical conditions
- Post discharge follow up
For more information about MedBridge, click here.
Long-term Residential Care
At ManorCare we also offer long-term nursing home care combined with quality caregiving. A customized & individualized service plan is developed with the involvement of your physician, the care team, you and your family and adjusted as necessary. This comprehensive approach is designed to address not only your health needs, but functional capabilities, chronic illness and desired outcomes in a warm environment with amenities and activities to meet your needs such as:
- Attractive and comfortable rooms
- Homemade meals and snacks supervised by a registered dietitian
- Elegantly appointed dining room
- Special arrangements for private functions
- Inviting lounges and activity areas
- Planned activities, entertainment and excursions
- Personal laundry and linen service
The Care You Need
ManorCare offers tailored treatment plans so you receive the care and rehabilitation you need. In-house hospital-level therapy gyms mean your care takes place under one roof by experts in post-hospital care. Our specialized team members provide:
- Skilled nursing and medical care
- 24/7 Registered Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner Program
- Specialized Cardiac Recovery
- Specialized Wound Recovery
- Individual goal setting, case management and discharge planning when appropriate
- Hospital-level rehabilitation therapies
- Recreational activities geared to each resident’s and patient’s needs
- Resident and family education for lifestyle, nutrition and disease management
- Palliative and Hospice services available
The Expertise You Want
ManorCare’s patient and resident care team is experienced in providing a breadth and depth of services for medically complex, functionally limited and/or cognitively impaired patients. We offer a proactive approach in:
- Mental wellness: helping boost patients’ and residents’ sense of well-being by assisting those who may have issues that arise when dealing with age, chronic illness, impairment or disability which may cause problematic depression or sadness.
- Pain management intervention: offering pain and symptom management and interventions for many older adults dealing with the daily occurrence of uncontrolled pain to promote comfort and enhance residents’ ability to perform their daily activities.
- Wound management: providing the special care our thinner and frailer skin may require as we age while focusing on the entire patient including nutrition, hydration and mobility.
At Heartland, our primary focus is caring for patients with complex recovery and rehabilitation needs in a homelike setting. Our specialized therapy team has years of combined experience with some very impressive results *
*Statistics represent patients admitted for post-acute care for 2015 for centers nationwide
Making the Decision
Whether you are looking for short-term rehabilitation stay before returning home or for a residential setting for a longer stay, we understand the challenges faced in making this decision. When possible, don’t wait for a crisis to force your hand because it is better to make that choice when not under the added stress and strain during an emergency. When evaluating communities, it is reassuring to know you have our expansive services across the continuum for support.
We understand the physical and emotional challenges of recovery, and how important it is to select the right provider with the experience to meet your needs safely and confidently. Key indicators to review when choosing where to recover includes:
- Does the facility have experience treating your specific condition?
- How successfully have their previous patients with your condition recovered?
- Are the nurses knowledgeable and experienced in caring for patients similar to you?
- Does the facility have hospital-level therapists and equipment?
- Are there any systems in place to reduce unnecessary readmissions to the hospital?
- What activities and events are available to keep you engaged or help you transition back to the community?
How to Choose a Skilled Nursing Center - A printable chart with factors that you may want to consider when choosing a center.